Gathering, Concert, Exhibition
United Nations World Day of Remembrance of RoadTraffic Victims. Students of 35 schools and NGOs will come together to pay homage through cultural expression and acknowledge the tragedy. Join us to express Love Hope and Positive action.
Muskaan is organizing World Remembrance Day on 20th Nov. 2016 at Jawahar Kala Kendra in collaboration with many associates. There will be performances of different school and colleges on the theme of road safety.
We are planning a sensitively conceptualized event on 20th including following activities:
• A musical presentation by approx 400 schools students. For this a preparatory workshop with 47 participating schools has been done .
• Dance and Music by Folk Performers.
• Three themes based musical dance presentations by schools and colleges.
• Art Installations by schools and colleges.
• The program will begin by floral offerings on the pictures or symbolic references to the dear departed in road crashes. The program culminates with candle lighting by all present.
PROGRAM VENUE: Jawaha Kala Kendra
COLLABORATORS AND SPONSORS:
• Jawahar Kala Kendra: Venue Partner
• Indian Head Injury Foundation, New Delhi
• Edify World School : Program Partner
• ETV / NDTV : Proposed Media Partner
It involves participation of 1500 school and college students, teachers, and members of the bereaved families, bureaucrats and invited guests to pay a soulful tribute to the accident victims.
• To make people aware that loss of life on roads is not only personal and social it is a big national loss too since most people are young. It is irreparable and lifelong too. It is an opportunity to show that such a loss is preventable and how.
• It is a sense of sharing and caring for those left behind and a way to show that it has a message.
“Muskaan: foundation for road safety”
MUSKAAN : Foundation for Road Safety is a registered not-for-profit trust committed to building a culture of safety on roads through Awareness, Education, Training and Advocacy. It was registered as a charitable Trust in the year 2001. As road safety is a shared responsibility the NGO uses an integrated, community-centric approach to the complex issue of road safety.
The NGO started in year 1999 in the wake of the death of 17-year-old Durva Bhasin, who lost her life in a road accident. She is the daughter of the founder member couple, Mr. Pramod Bhasin and Dr. Mridul Bhasin. Though a personal tragedy catalyzed the beginning, MUSKAAN is not a family trust.
Event Link: https://www.facebook.com/events/1120627651386813/
Jawahar Kala Kendra , JLN Marg