Connecticut will hold its first statewide event in Bushnell Park, Hartford, 1 – 3 p.m. The goals of WDoR are to provide a platform for road traffic victims and their families to:
– Remember all people killed and seriously injured on the roads
– Acknowledge the crucial work of the emergency services
– Draw attention to the generally trivial legal response to culpable road deaths and injuries and advocate for an appropriately serious response
– Advocate for better support for road traffic victims and victim families
– Promote evidence-based actions to prevent further road traffic deaths and injuries
We anticipate having a few families of victims speak, a roll call of those pedestrians and cyclists who have died, prayers given by a faith leader, and lastly legislators speak. A sea of over 700 small white flags will represent those who have died on our CT roads in 2022 & 2023. Other family members and loved ones will carry photos of victims.