Traditionally, for the fourteenth year in a row, on the third Sunday in November, we commemorate World Day of Remembrance for Road Traffic Victims. This time under the slogan #RememberSupportAct. It is a day when we remember all those who died and were injured on our roads, along with their loved ones, friends, colleagues and acquaintances. Due to the proposed measures of the Government of the Republic of Slovenia to control the spread of SARS-CoV-2 infections, this year we are NOT ORGANIZING the main events in Ljubljana’s cemetery Žale and the in the City Hall in Ljubljana.
Materials (poster, video) ppt with statistics, content, history, purpose, goals and message are available on the website of the Safe Journey Institute and social networks with the support of many government bodies and NGOs. (https://varna-pot.si/aktivnosti-2020/)
Video and written speeches by officials, partners and other supporters of this World Day have also been published.
We have prepared a special, digital campaign in which we will raise awareness of the importance of responsible driving at an adjusted speed and without alcohol.
Slovenian roads claimed 7,628 lives from 1991 up to 2020, and 303,238 people were injured.
• Thursday, 12 November 2020 at 12 noon, a symbolic tribute to the central monument – the Memorial for Road Traffic Victims in Ljubljana’s cemetery “New Žale”.
Video and written speaches of religious leaders: Archbishop and Metropolitan Msgr. Stanislav Zore; Bishop EC-AV, mag. Leon Novak; mufti, prof. dr. Nedžad Grabus and the head of the Orthodox Church in Ljubljana, Aleksander Obradović, published on the Safe Journey Institute website (https://varna-pot.si/obelezitev-ob-osrednjem-obelezju-zrtvam-prometnih-nesrec-na-novih-zalah/).
• Thursday, November 12, 2020 at 12 o’clock, installation and presentation of the E-monument for Road Traffic Victims in Slovenia, publication on the website. (https://varna-pot.si/e-spomenik/)
• Friday, November 13, 2020, start of the digital campaign Ukrepajmo.si on social networks, publication on the website (https://ukrepajmo.si/).
• Friday, 13 November 2020, publication of speeches by the highest state representatives, officials and partners and supporters on the website (https://varna-pot.si/aktivnosti-2020/).
• Sunday 15 November 2020, marking World Accident Remembrance Day around the world.