The District Administration of Gurugram and the Gurugram Traffic Police, with the support of several organisations and groups in Gurugram are hosting an event to commemorate the event of World Day of Remembrance for Road Traffic Victims. This event will take place at Genpact Chowk on Golf Course Road, on 20th November from 7-10 a.m.
During this Global Commemoration, we remember those killed or seriously injured on the world’s roads every year; highlight the need for a more appropriate and just post-crash response for road traffic victims and their bereaved families; and call for accelerated action to prevent the needless suffering caused by road traffic crashes.
The event will feature testimonials of people affected by road traffic crashes, statements from dignitaries, and an artistic intervention that reflects the urgency of the message:
REMEMBER. SUPPORT. ACT.
All event activities are listed below.
– A candle-lighting to pay tribute to the victims of road accidents.
– A cycle rally will be hosted with several bicycling groups around the city.
– There will be several notable government officials who will address the attendees on the extent of the problem and the solutions moving forward. These include ADC Gurugram – Mr. Vishram Meena IAS, SDM Gurugram – Mr. Ravinder Yadav HCS, ACP Traffic (HQ) – Mr. Shiva Archan HPS and RTA Gurugram Mr. Jitesh Kumar, HCS.
– We will hear speeches from the families of victims of road accidents.
– Addresses from civic societies and citizens.
– Group songs on road safety sang by children from Suraj School in Gurugram.
– Demonstration on how to handle the spot when an accident happens by the Red Cross Society, Gurugram.
The theme of the event is to pay respects to the lives lost, but also to raise awareness on the solutions to the issues that cause these accidents; to instil the idea that these accidents are avoidable and we all can play a role in improving our cities. The event will also pay tribute to the late Professor Dinesh Mohan, a pioneer of road safety work in India.World Day of Remembrance for Road Traffic Victims