World Day of Remembrance 2022, Singapore
Our first WDOR event was held in 2020. With a small group of participants, we commemorated the event in a small-scale ceremony. Brze’s objective is to bring WDOR home to Singaporeans. As a community, we believe this event can have an impact on our society and bring about a change in road user behavior through the awareness of road fatalities in Singapore.
Through our program, we aim to:-
• remember all people killed and seriously injured on the roads;
• acknowledge the crucial work of the emergency services;
• draw attention to the generally trivial legal response to culpable road deaths and injuries and advocate for an appropriately serious response;
• advocate for better support for road traffic victims and victim families;
• promote evidence-based actions to prevent and eventually reduce further road traffic deaths and injuries
Due to pandemic restrictions in 2020 and 2021, we had to minimize the involvement of interested parties to keep the scale small and the soft launch to a minimum. With the easing of the restrictions, an opportunity presents itself for us to scale up and bring this message to a wider group of government agencies, and stakeholders and involve the public. We are looking for appropriate partners and are open to exploring the opportunity further.
Here in Singapore, Brze will run an outdoor activity on World Day of Remembrance on the 20th of November 2022. Brze will also gain awareness through social media campaigns to remember all the people killed and seriously injured on the roads. Stakeholders and government agencies will be invited to the outdoor event.