Movesafe SG’s objective is to bring WDoR home to Singaporeans. As a community, we believe this event can have an impact on our society and bring about a change in road user behavior through the awareness of road fatalities in Singapore.
Through our program, we aim to:
• remember all people killed and seriously injured on the roads;
• acknowledge the crucial work of the emergency services;
• draw attention to the generally trivial legal response to culpable road deaths and injuries and advocate for an appropriately serious response;
• advocate for better support for road traffic victims and victim families;
• promote evidence-based actions to prevent and eventually reduce further road traffic deaths and injuries
Here in Singapore, Movesafe SG will run an event at The Grassroots Club on World Day of Remembrance, 19th of November 2023. Movesafe SG will also gain awareness through social media campaigns to remember all the people killed and seriously injured on the roads. Stakeholders and government agencies will be invited to the indoor and outdoor events.