cultural event with road safety songs, performance and victims talk
Muskaan would be observing the day on 20th November 2022 in collaboration with many associate schools, colleges, universities and NGOs. We use the day to give out messages of safe behaviour on the road and positive action to prevent such injuries.
We are planning a sensitively conceptualized event with following tentative activities:
• Inspirational group songs by approximately 500 students from 40 to 45 schools.
• Interviews of victim families
• An impactful theatrical presentation by youth
It involves participation of about 1000 school children, college students, teachers, parents and members of the bereaved families and Police Trainees. The invited guests include officialssocial and political leaders, bureaucrats and all segments of citizens. All these would join in a soulful tribute to the accident victims.
• To make people aware that loss of life on roads is personal, social as well as national. It is a big national loss since most people are young and are in their prime of life. The loss is irreparable and lifelong for the family. It is an opportunity to show that such a loss is preventable and how.
• It is a sense of sharing and caring for those left behind and a way to show that their loss has a message for all of us.